[asterisk-biz] I need your skiils, but I can't hire you

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Jan 21 14:40:55 MST 2006

> Need great phone support for your customer? Just bundle Asterisk
Business
> Edition in to your solution.
>
> Two things happen when you do this.
>
> (1) You help support Asterisk and Digium
>
> (2) You guarantee great support for your client.
>
> Just my 2 pennies
>
> Michael White
> .e4

True enough but how many small Asterisk interconnect businesses are
there that purchase ABE for their customer installations?  Very few I
bet.

What happens when they need to add some addition phones to the system?
Will Digium help?  Possibly with the configs in Asterisk but I doubt
they will tell you how to provision the phones (Polycom or Cisco for
instance).

What about if you have some Sangoma boards?  Doubt you will get much
support there even if you are using ABE.

Channel banks, phones, Sangoma, GUIs, the list goes on.  Digium support
is great but limited.

Thanks,
Steve