[asterisk-biz] O'Reilly's Etel Conference

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Thu Jan 19 08:25:58 MST 2006

On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 23:34 -0500, BJ Weschke wrote:
> >  and/or the nearest piano, no? :)
>
> Oh the conference on building a telco with open source should be
> interesting, as I understand it its about an asterisk implementation in
> iraq.

If it is the same presentation that Peter gave at ClueCon, it is basically
an attack on Asterisk and Digium. Some of the points that he raised were
valid, but many of them have been addressed in current releases. Keep in
mind that his experiences pre-dated 1.0 and 1.2 releases, around March
2003 timeframe. Asterisk has come a very long way in that time. Hopefully,
Peter has updated his presentation to reflect current information.

I did enjoy his discussion of the other opensource projects that he has
integrated into his network.

                             KP-216-121-ST