[asterisk-biz] What do you pay?

Michael Young myoung at netlogic.net
Wed Jan 18 08:00:00 MST 2006

Dan, here is how NetLogic would suggest you do this:

Use a NetLogic QoS enabled Internet T-1, and a SIP connection to
NetLogic. This provides one and a half to two times the Internet
throughput of Harry's design (below), and gives you the ability to grow
from five to ten to 60 voice lines without changing hardware. No T-1
card is required, so you save money there, and you avoid the echo
problems that can sometimes occur when converting PRI to IP. By using a
QoS enabled T-1, your voice gets priority over your data from end to
end, and you avoid the quality issues of voice-over-Internet.

Total cost depends on location, but is typically around $525 per month
for T-1 and 5 lines. We recommend you use POTS lines from the local
phone company for faxing or modems, and these can be emergency backup
lines also if the T-1 were to go down.

Bottom line, you get a lower hardware cost on the Asterisk PBX and a
lower monthly bill, more features, and easier installation.

Email or call me if you have any questions.

Michael Young

NetLogic

314-266-4000