[asterisk-biz] move over vonage

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jan 14 09:16:50 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 13:53 -0200, Hermann Wecke wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> > I have been trying for over a week now to cancel vonage. [...]
>
> Broadvoice seems faster to cancel an account. I sent an email asking
> "how to cancel" and they quickly replied "We are very sorry to lose your
> business".

yeah but you can only do it by email to billing at broadvoice.com and only
if they feel like it.  If they dont process the email then you cant
really cancel (you cna dispute with your credit card company but ...)

Be warned with BV becuase if you get say their $9.95/mo plan (unlimited
in state) and cancel within 30 days they toss you into the money back
program.  Credit you your setup fees and all that but if you use more
than 250 minutes they bill you something like $0.035/min for ALL minutes
used which can result in a very large bill.  They fight credit disputes
saying its an overage fee (what happened to 'unlimited' ?!)  it took me
MONTHS to get my $180 back for 3 accounts I canceled.  Well for it to be
resolved my bank gave it bakc to me immediately.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378