[asterisk-biz] European VoIP providers

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sat Jan 14 08:25:49 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 17:19 +0200, Christopher Bergström wrote:
> #1 CoS.. If I even dare comment the hordes of minions may come upon my
> door.
> (Is this truly a business list? I don't remember reading that my
> personal comments are completely unacceptable ;)

CoS were behind shutting down anon.penet.fi (anonymous remailer),
basically they got the FI government to either seize the whole system or
have the operator provide the username of the Netcom user that posted to
usenet their trade secrets.  Finnish law was not to allow that type of
stuff (at least back then, this is going back some 10 years at least).
So being in europe isnt always safe from CoS :/  Once records could be
grabbed like that the system lost most of its value and was shut down.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378