[asterisk-biz] How much it costs to setup Asterisk and phones?

asbiz asbiz at acabling.com
Thu Jan 12 16:31:19 MST 2006

Thanks for the replies.

1. Setting up phones is one thing, which I think is too expensive for
$100/hour. What about setting up additional software packages on
asterisk and configuring them according to the client's need. Let say if
the client wants 10 extensions with Call Queuing for Sales, Billing and
Tech Support, with 5 agents for each queues, 3 dedicated per queue, and
2 agents on all queues. He wants call recording, and a web interface to
access the recordings. I guess there'll be some separate tool to buy for
it, so its cost will be separate. Let's add a custom IVR menu too. How
would an Asterisk consultant charge for it? Is this all included in
$100/hour cost? Or is it cheaper for to install Asterisk at Home which
comes with pretty much everything preinstalled to do all the basic
stuff.

2. What does a standard installation on a $2000 server include, does it
include MoH, Voicemails, Recording, Call Parking, Conferencing and a
standard Auto-attendant, which just asks to enter the extension you wish
to reach, press zero for operator and # for directory?

Zeeshan A Zakaria