[asterisk-biz] Looking for an Asterisk based solution for HOTELs

Alexander Lopez alex.lopez at opsys.com
Wed Jan 11 17:15:12 MST 2006

There is more to Hotel PMS integration that just SMDR. The PMS system
basically controls the property, It turns on and off the phone for local
and/or LD calls. Allows a Folio to be opened whereas a guest have their
charges tracked and tabulated on that folio. The PMS systems use a
system whereby they ack the transaction, so there is communicatio
between the two systems, they also use the ack in case one system goes
down the other system buffers its output until the other is ready to
communicate. Most PMS systems use RS-232, I have seen a few that use
TCP/ip but not many.

Alex