[asterisk-biz] New Freelance Site for Asterisk Consultants and Those who Need Projects Done

JP Carballo lists at netfone2x.com
Wed Jan 11 12:59:40 MST 2006

Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:

> Christopher Bergström a écrit :
>
>> This frame issue is a really quick fix... Email me offlist if you'd
>> like to know how..
>>
>> My .02$ is that frames are evil, google doesn't like them and overall
>> they break usability...
>

> Yeah, drop the frames already. They are confusing, and are hard to
> bookmark. Plus you can't cut and paste links, which is annoying.

As Steve said, it's a quick fix. Joomla's wrapper module is to "blame"
for this.
However, it's an easy way to link the functionality of two sites together.
I use it for mine, where I have the shopping cart mod Virtuemart running
on top of Joomla.
When a user registers, a card is created on ASTCC running on another server.
Virtuemart already shows orders and payments so I use the wrapper mod to
show cdrs and credit (refill) reports from ASTCC.

Clunky but it works.

--
JP Carballo

http://www.netfone2x.com
Bringing the world closer.

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level, I'm really quite busy.