[asterisk-biz] Re: Eid Mubarak (summing up)

Mike Fedyk mfedyk at mikefedyk.com
Tue Jan 10 16:57:20 MST 2006

Sergio Veltri wrote:

>Guys,
>
>I'm having a lot of fun reading today's list. Just wanted to add a little
>contribution to this whole sacrifice thing. Summing up according to the
>Bible:
>
>-Animal sacrifices were introduced as an appropriate means for humans to
>approach
>God and obtain His favor. It worked at that time since it showed them how
>imperfect they were and that they needed to get closer to God.

Not only that, but it is a symbolic representation of what Jesus did for
us.  He is the "Lamb of God" and the only one able to stand in our
place.  That also eliminated all need for animal sacrifices.

>-When Jesus died he offered the greatest sacrifice of all with his life and
>thus abolished the law (that included keeping the Sabbath and sacrifices
>among other things) and implemented a law based on love to God and the
>neighbours.
>
>-For true Christians today the only sacrifice that is expected is the
>sacrifice of praise.
>In other words preaching the good news. No real sacrifices of any kind. Let
>alone humans :-)

There is also Tithes and offerings in time, money and/or gifts to your
Spiritual teacher (Pastor, Preacher, etc.).

And don't forget the Communion where you remember what Christ did for us.

>I repeat this is the Bible's stand point. Hope this helps.
>
>Sergio

Mike