[asterisk-biz] about the list

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Tue Jan 10 09:43:58 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-01-10 at 10:11 -0600, Mark wrote:
> I have posted a message to this board three times now seeking some
> services. I have never seen it appear one time. Is it somehow contrary
> to the terms of this forum to seek services, or why do my test messages
> get through and others not?

maybe your list preferences are set such that you dont see your own
posts, that is an option.

As for your previous queries I cant say specifically between this and
one other asterisk list I get well over 100 emails per day.  So just
from memory I wouldnt remember it, did you search the list archives?

This list is actually for people who want to discuss business aspects,
whether that is consulting, interconnection/service agreements,
equipment sales, or what have you.

What troubles me in the fact that your posts havent been showing up is
how you described your posting, now that may be just a terminology issue
and not a real problem, but ...  You used the words 'forum' and 'board'
to describe this, asterisk-biz is a email list.  If you are accessing
this through a web based forum type service you may not have direct
access to the list itself, this may be a choice you made knowingly then
again it may not.  It is my understanding that recently people are
setting up "forums" that are nothing more than front ends to various
different mailing lists in the  hopes of getting people to use those
interfaces where they will profit off advertising.

*IF* this is the case any failure for your messages to appear may be the
result of using one of those services who is unable to provide the
access they claim (temporary outages, bad configurations, etc that cause
the sending of emails to fail).

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378