[Asterisk-biz] Linksys announcement

Melisa Teoh melisa.teoh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 18:03:27 MST 2006

According to Linksys, Linksysone is a front end hosted solution designed
to support service providers.  It needs Cisco back-end equipment
(service nodes) at the providers' costing between USD260k and over 500k
each.

Contrary to what has been published in media, we were told by Linksys
that this product runs Cisco proprietary protocol, not SIP.

Currently, the product is undergoing test in Australia and a blueprint
will be ready mid 2006 before they will decide if/when to launch worldwide.

Would be interested to hear other feedback anyone else may have received
from Linksys contacts.

Melisa.