[Asterisk-biz] Do US providers surcharge 0800 calls?

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Sun Jan 1 20:28:07 MST 2006

On Sun, 2006-01-01 at 20:19 +0000, Obelix wrote:
> Do US cellular providers surcharge outgoing 0800 calls?
>
> I gather they also charge users to receive calls. Is that true?

There is a lot of competition in US mobile networks.

MetroPCS.com provides flat rate unlimited service $40
Surewest.com provides flat rate unlimited service $30
Sprint (in some areas) offers flat rate unlimited service $55

Cingular/AT&T, Nextel, Tmobile, Verizon, and probably 100 other smaller
regional providers do not offer flat rate unlimited.  They may I just
havent seen any advertisements myself (I havent been looking either).

Some plans charge for inbound some dont.  Some charge against your
minutes for 1800 (US doesnt use '0800' as a naming system) some are flat
rate.  You really have to read the details of the plan in question to
find out.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378