[asterisk-biz] T1 Y cable

Herman Webley herman.webley at blitzllc.com
Tue Feb 28 15:05:11 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 21:24 +0100, Remco Barende wrote:
> Indeed, they don't. But have a look at the fail-over switch that
> Junghanns.net is making.
>
> I haven't tried it but by the looks of it it is just a relatively simple
> piece of hardware switching your pri over to another box in case of
> failure.
>
> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Bruce Ferrell wrote:

Hey, thanks much for the info. Those switches would work. But I'm
looking for something even simpler (less expensive). Those switches
(inc. the ones linked on voip-info linked by Bruce) actually monitor the
servers and contain the intelligence to route the T1 circuit to the
primary non-failed server. I want to use the asterisk box for that
intelligence (using heartbeat, HA, etc.).

Would a simple spliced T1 connector work? Or will a T1 card affect the
electrical properties of the cable even if the box that it is in has
failed?

Best regards,
Herman Webley