[asterisk-biz] DIDs lifetime on DIDX

Suzanne Bowen suzanne at supertec.com
Tue Feb 28 12:21:34 MST 2006

Waldo, I understand your concern and I give you a serious answer.

Your question: What happens to a DID you purchase through DIDX when the
provider drops out of DIDX?

Answer: DIDX does not own the DID's, the same as eBay does not own the
auction goods? DIDX created and maintains the exchange. We do care very much
that each member has as successful an experience as possible. You can see at
http://www.didx.org/faq, the following.

"Question: Do I own the number I buy via didx?
Answer: Yes, and in order to use it, you need a carrier. The per month fee
you pay is to keep the current carrier to service the number for you. If you
wish to change the carrier, you port the number away from the number to a
new carrier.

Question: How long will it take to port a DID to a new carrier?
Answer: Normally 10 days, but can be 60-90 days depending upon the
cooperation with the current carrier of the DID."

I will add to this information the following. DIDX is an exchange that meets
that needs of a growing number of CLEC's/ITSP's. It does not meet the needs
of all, just as eBay does not meet the needs of all auction sellers and
buyers. In the case where a DIDX seller drops out of DIDX, you can port your
number to another carrier. The new DIDX seller agreement requires all DIDX
sellers to give at least a 3 month notice of leaving DIDX.

Suzanne Bowen
Super Technologies, Inc. DIDX - VoIP Solutions
Pensacola, FL 32501 USA