[asterisk-biz] Locally vs Server generated ring tones

Mark mark at asteriskswitch.com
Sat Feb 25 14:59:35 MST 2006

I was wondering what anyone here may know about locally vs server
generated ring tones (ring back).

I am finding an increasing number of intenational DIDs that depend on
(endpoint) device generated ring tones.

Is this possible to force Asterisk to generate these ringback tones?
Most of these DIDs that I have seen like this originate on Cisco, and
when connected to most endpoints, have no ringback tone , in fact there
is nothing, till the caller answers.

 I understand that this is now a standard so I can even force a caller
to listen to some obnixios music while you wait for me to answer my phone.

Thanks,

Mark