[asterisk-biz] Enterprise Level VOIP

Ron McCarthy ronmccar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 13:12:11 MST 2006

Hello All-

I have looked around quite a bit, and cant seem to find anyway to setup a *
box/cluster to have 100% uptime. Does anyone have any articles or knowledge
on setting up a system that could be made to handle a server crashing, yet
phones still be able to operate, I know this can be accomplished with a
backup server and DNS SRV records, but that requires PRI's in both machines
and a bunch of mess from what I have read. If that is the only way of doing
failover is via a backup server, is there anyway to have all my PSTN
connections on one server/box, such as the Cisco Access Servers that provide
SIP/MGCP -> PSTN connectivty?

Any  help on this would be great.

Thanks!
Ron