[asterisk-biz] Canadian toll-free and SIP termination

John Daragon john at argv.co.uk
Thu Feb 23 05:13:04 MST 2006

Hi;

I have a project which is likely to need a number of Canadian toll-free
numbers, together with SIP termination in Canada and the US. Ideally
we'd like these from the same supplier so that we can redirect an
incoming toll-free call to the PSTN and then step out of the RTP path
and have it as short as possible. We'll have a SER or Asterisk box
somewhere on the Net to do the translation & stuff.

We're looking, we think, for about 150,000 minutes a month in the early
stages, and probably never exceeding 4 million minutes a month. My guess
is that we'll need no more than around 150 simultaneous voice channels
to start with.

So - here are the questions :

Anyone out there wanna do it ?

Any recommendations ?

What should we be paying ?  The Canadian market seems to be very
different to the UK/European one - You guys pay for *incoming* calls,
what's that all about :-) ?

jd

John Daragon                                          john at argv.co.uk
argv[0] limited               (Asterisk implementation & consultancy)
Lambs Lawn Cottage,  Staple Fitzpaine,  Taunton,  TA3 5SL,  UK
v +44 (0) 1460 234068   f +44 (0) 1460 234069   m +44 (0) 7836 576127