[asterisk-biz] n00bie Question

rc ray-pub at rcn.com
Wed Feb 22 08:31:16 MST 2006

Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking here and researching ala Google for a while, but I
was curious if anyone could point me to some quality resources that
illustrate the technological and business stack regarding VOIP.

There is a sea of info and can be overwhelming especially since they
cover everything from end-user Skype to corporate Cisco phone systems.
I am looking for a good explanation of the structure from Telcos/POTS to
setting up a business with Asterisk box on their native internet pipe.
What are the layers involved, etc. What I am realizing is that while the
conversations here are great they are over my head (I had to Wiki DID!).

I appreciate your help and thank you in advance for any pointers, tips
or links anyone could recommend.

Regards,
~Ray