[asterisk-biz] Looking for DID origination close to Chicago

Mark mark at asteriskswitch.com
Wed Feb 22 01:10:06 MST 2006

Dear Me,

First, Please get a name.

I see the points you are trying to make here, but you fail to factor in
several things. I would be more concerned if someone was doing a native
bridge of my DIDs rather than an external bridge, than the latency to
the gateway they are passing the DIDs through. Who you get the DID from
is irreelvant, as unless you buy in quantity you will not be getting
them from Level 3. Also, if my gateway was 5 ms from you you would
prefer my DID that was going through a native bridge rather than a DID
that may come through an external bridge that ORIGINATED lesss than 5 ms
from you?

In my opinion, I would be more concerned about the ORIGINATING gateway
and that the DID was not being proxied (native bridge) along the way,
more than the ping time to the gateway of the provider I got it from.

Mark

Me wrote:

>Looking for providers that can provide local DIDs to us via IP within
>5 ms of our gateway in Chicago.

Please send the IP of your gateway and pricing info as well as a list