[asterisk-biz] Seattle DID

Christopher Bergström cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Sun Feb 19 16:44:52 MST 2006

trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:

>On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 19:10 +0200, Christopher Bergström wrote:
>

>>Ariel Batista wrote:
>>

>>>You can get a free on from ipkall  for area code 206
>>>

>>Most appreciated for this.  Free is always nice.  Is it going to be
>>stable and zero hassles though? Can anyone share any feedback on ipkall?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>

>generally ipkall (itltd.com owns em - a real phone company - or so I am
>lead to believe) is stable.  If you route through FWD (their only option
>long ago, sometime last year they allowed direct to you which is
>generally better) then you have them+FWD outage problems.  Streamlining
>the delivery cuts out at least 1 possible point of failure.
>
>I dont know if they are keeping up with demand or not, they are reliable
>now, but if they dont keep ahead of everything they will eventually have
>problems.  Only time will tell that :)

I'm having it forward to a pop in the UK and a couple friends have done
some test calls.  1st call I can't even describe what was wrong.
(Vonage customer)  (They could hear me crystal clear, but my end was
totally garbled.) I called them back and my route was great. 2nd test
was also a Vonage customer, but besides a little digitization it was
fine.  It'll be for light business use and one bad phone call is one too
many....

Side note: David from Teliax emailed me and iirc there have been good
things said about Teliax.  Besides having someone to call and yell at if
my DID is down is there anything else I might be missing?  I'm thinking
the 2.5 cents inbound is well worth the sleep at night... Feedback?
(Could this number be ported away if an issue ever comes up?? I'm
thinking the simple answer is no.)

Cheers,

C.