[asterisk-biz] DIDs from Reunion Island Available

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Feb 16 14:34:58 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 01:17 +0400, Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
> WideVOIP a écrit :
>
> >That sounds great but you may get in trouble with FT and french telecom laws
> >
> >These numbers are regional ones and you need to live in the island to own one
> >

> But I do! Which law exactly are you referring to?
>
> Cheers,
> Jean-Michel.

iut wouldnt be that difficult for them to do like sipgate.de with
frankfurt numbers.  require the subscriber to enter an address that is
on the island.  Whether or not this is enough is upto their legal
counsel to decide, but I guess that is why a frankfurt address is
required to get a frankfurt did from sipgate.de (although I could be
wrong).

The UK has a 'know your customer' rule, and generally that means getting
an address, but doesnt always mean that the address has to be verified
by some means.  As such the carrier can simple ask for address info to
be compliant and any issues fall upon the subscriber if they fill in
false information.

Again, this is something for legal counsel to decide if its acceptable.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378