[asterisk-biz] Obtaining DIDs

trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Fri Feb 10 20:43:46 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 22:29 -0500, Steve Totaro wrote:
> The whole concept of DIDx sounds good on the surface but is
> fundamentally flawed when you think about it, but I guess it could serve
> a market I suppose.

I dont think the concept is flawed, but rather the implementation.  They
have appeared to have done some work to address the issues I previously
raised, but fundamentally they rely on monthly charges for revenue,
rather than the ebay model of once the deal is done they back out.

The fact that clearing houses have been popular in the past indicates
that this is a viable concept.

Further people seem to blame didx for sellers posting dids for sale and
then later backing out.  While didx does have a sellers agreement this
alone cannot stop every seller from posting DIDs to get some quick
revenue, then pulling them as soon as they are paid.  People dont seem
to blame ebay for example when a seller doesnt ship what they advertised
for sale, so I find this bias somewhat interesting.

I know that I got a working DID which means that the original poster of
that DID did not pull it after it was assigned to me.  This DID is the
one that the sacramento asterisk users group has.

side note: for those that said I am saying asterisk/digium is the
anti-christ and am generally anti-asterisk please note that I started,
secured donations for, and organize to this day the sacramento asterisk
users group.  I am also the only one so far that has presented anything.

UK +44 870 340 4605   Germany +49 801 777 555 3402
US +1 360 207 0479 or +1 516 687 5200
FreeWorldDialup: 635378