[asterisk-biz] Re: asterisk-biz Digest, Vol 19, Issue 32

Dovid Bender asteriskdigium at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 6 05:12:41 MST 2006

> sounds like unixhost.com.
IT's PROVPS.com. I have been using them as test
machines when I was making diffrent scripts for
asterisk. Stopped using it when I ran in to issues
with timing (such as MOH and astcc).

> Generally no you dont need all the zapata stuff,
> unless you need a
> timing source or want hardware support.
Yes. If you want all the functions of asterisk you
need timing. And thats exactly why I want them to make
a VPS that works fully with asterisk

> As for the service he is planning on rolling out,
> some people have had
> success using things like Xen to load a system
> running asterisk others
> havent, it boils down to system capacity.  It may
> beta test well with
> one user, but toss a bunch of these systems on one
> box and load test
> each system and see.
I plan on doing that. If the load is too big you add
more servers. There is no point in having angry
customers.

  As such he will need
> to work on some
> monitoring processes to ensure that boxes dont
> become overloaded.
Already built in to thier current VPS solutions

>I am just saying what I
> think some of the
> major problems will be so they can be thought about
> and a solution
> figured out before customers complain.
I agree. There will be problems in the begining but
thats the only way to get some where. I dont think
there is anyone here who had installed asterisk
without a single problem.

Thanks for all the advice.

Dovid