[asterisk-biz] Dedicated Virtual Asterisk Boxes

Bill Michaelson bill at cosi.com
Sun Feb 5 13:51:46 MST 2006

I use linode.com which runs UML, but not for Asterisk.  I would love to
know if it's viable, but I wouldn't trust it to production work without
extensive testing.  I also have a SuSE 9.3 distro which runs Xen, but I
couldn't get Asterisk to run on that kernel at all.  I don't recall what
the snag was, but it was not performance related.  I reverted to the
non-virtualization kernel to run Asterisk.  Perhaps the issue is
resolved with the SuSE 10 release; I have tried it.