[asterisk-biz] g729 licensing

Sergey Kuznetsov asterisk_biz at deeptown.org
Sat Feb 4 19:27:26 MST 2006

trixter aka Bret McDanel wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-02-04 at 20:58 -0500, Sergey Kuznetsov wrote:
>
>> I am interested as well. I bought 100 licenses a year ago, and some of
>> them are "catching a dust".
>>
>> I think it will work. Just let me know when it will be ready and is
>> there any performance issues in case if
>> network connection on your side goes down.
>>

> Currently we have no way of rolling old licenses into our plan.  So
> digium licenses are still for that codec.  We may at some point in the
> future give a discount to people who wish to roll old licenses in (there
> are sure to be extra requirements for this to ensure that people arent
> cheating on the licenses).  This may not happen at all, but it is
> something we are currently looking at.  Further this would let you take
> your licenses to whatever platform is supported, so it gives you
> independance potentially.  But again we havent finalized anything with
> this and may not even do it (its under review now).

Bret,

Is this possible to have some kind of API, which allows to enable using
of G.729 licenses for different platforms?

When I was talking to Diana Cionou ( YaTE girl ), I wanted something
like that. I am not using YaTE because of
lacking G.729 codec support even if I like the code they've done.

I like the code from FreeSwitch, but again if I cannot use G.729, I
stuck with Asterisk.

All the Best!
Sergey.