[asterisk-biz] Paris DID, 15 Cents Per Month Per Number

Mark mark at asteriskswitch.com
Wed Feb 1 12:33:20 MST 2006

This was their story previously, and I quote here directly below. I
think their policy seems to be whatever they feel at the moment. They
have made no such formal announcement to their customers at this time,
as I have checked. This mail they previously sent to me on that very topic.

"

DIDX is NOT charging any membership fee at this time, till 1st of Jan 2006.

Even after 2006 if you offer 20 did's on didx for sale, the membership fee gets waived automatically.

This is till date our plan for the membership fee, and we may extend the free membership even after 1 Jan 2006.

Invoices were generated today for the membership fee, and then credited back to you.

This was done so we can test our billing systems.

Please do not be alarmed by them.

All this is already mentioned in our terms of service, main page, signup page, and on the faq page.

DIDX.org

"

Just the tip of the iceburg with this slippery operator that is now
threating legal action against me for my poste here.
I will say that my posts have been completely truthful, and for anyone
wanting a rfeview of the issues with using DIDx, I am quoting them below

1) Myself and others feel that your advertising tactics are less than
honorable.

2) I am NOT the only one that has had bad experiences with DIDx.

3) I have been approached by DIDx people as if they want to buy DIDs,
when in reality they want me to list them on DIDx.  I do not feel this
is an honorable business practice. It is perhaps better that they
suggest DIDx from the start rather than Interrogating me to find out
what I have then suggesting DIDx.

4) After receiving an email from a person telling me that DIDx can not
afford Tech support when all they earn is one dollar per DID, that was
the straw that really broke the camel´s back. I had been issued a non
working DID, that clearly had a Quest recording saying it was
DISCONNECTED. It was not a valid DID, it was really not even a real
support issue. It was NOT workoing, and there was no recovering that DID.

5) DIDx decided to close my DIDx account UNILATERALLY. They asked me if
I wanted it closed I DID NOT SAY YES, in fact I said ¨do as you want to
with it¨

6) Goes back to number 4 and beyond, as there is no protection for the
buyer. Had I bought that DID a month before it would have probably
disappeared the following month. Secondly if that seller dropped out of
DIDx , or like me had their account cut off, I would lose that DID.
Apparently Rehan has suggested that the solutionn to this is to port
DIDs. That is one of the most ridiculous solutions I have head to date!
First., If I had the ability to port DIDs, I would not buy from DIDx in
the first place! Secondly ONLY North American (and some European) DIDs
are portable. Porting does not apply to ALL International DIDs.

7) As of today, Linda Bowen has threatened Legal action , even thouhg I
spoke with Linda Goldsmith last night who just wanted to "chat" and no
there was no legal action pending. I have stated nothinbg here that is
not factual. This includes catching them in their most recent
representations that Free DIDs With no strings attached. They arte now
trying to cover this most recent blatent misreporesentation by
eliminting ther membership fee. They will not scare me with their
bnullying tactics.

Mark