[asterisk-biz] Best ATA 2 FXO solution?

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Wed Feb 1 09:57:17 MST 2006

I had no problem connecting vonage linksys RTP31 to nortel meridian FXO
ports. The local pots lines we replaced did not have features like
caller ID and the customer did not care about having it. Now he wants to
try asterisk at his warehouse and factory. We have an RTP31 vonage
account at one and a voicepulse SPA-2000 at the other.

I am wondering which FXO interface will work best with these ATA's. Both
work fine with phones, fax machines and caller ID display devices I have
tried. I want the caller ID number and name properly passed to the
asterisk server. I recall seeing a thread before suggesting that
SPA-3000 FXO did not play well when the POTS line was really another ATA.