[asterisk-biz] Asterisk in gumstix

Flavio Goncalves flavio at asteriskguide.com
Wed Dec 27 15:13:50 MST 2006

Dear Daniel,

  I have tried gumstix, blackfin and geode. Gumstix will do what you want with 3 terminals. There are some limitations in the gumstix platform. It does not have a FPU (Floting Point Unit), it uses FPU emulation by software which makes impossible to transcode between codecs. It will work if you use the same codec in your phones, gateways and voip providers. If you plan to use and IVR or Voicemail, remember to convert the sound files to the same format to avoid transcoding. It wil work for at least 30 simultaneous sessions. I have had some problems with gumstix IP stack, there are some performance glitches. If you don't need the small form factor I would recommend the AMD LX500 based on the ADM Geode processor, it has an FPU, it is x86 compatible and it has a decent performance. A mini-itx motherboard can be bought by USD 170,00. If you want to use gumstix at home is fine too.

  Best regards,

  flavio at asteriskguide.com
  www.asteriskguide.com

Daniel Mejia <mejiad at evol-tech.com> escreveu:
  Hi all,

I would like to know if somebody has any experience using asterisk with
gumstix devices. I'm looking to install a small (1 line 3 extensions)
home systems and I'm wonderting if gumstix is a good answer.

Regards,

Daniel Mejia.