[asterisk-biz] Copy protect your Asterisk Box

Trixter aka Bret McDanel trixter at 0xdecafbad.com
Thu Dec 21 17:21:35 MST 2006

On 12/22/06, Paul <ast2005 at 9ux.com> wrote:

> See my post saying I was joking. Anyway, a battery or supercap takes
> care of that. It doesn't take long to erase something as short a a key
> pair. Another approach is to trigger some thermite and let the heat do
> the job. Or maybe the EMP from a nuclear explosion .....

ust have to make sure that you cant read the data after erasure.   Magnetic
media (hard drives for example) typically can be read via automated means to
get several generations of the data that was there.  The cost is suprisingly
low to get data off a harddrive given its level of automation currently.
Temper that against hte cost of making such a system ...

As for the emp of a nuclear explosion, a small nuke placed within the case
to create the emp is likely to damage the equipment first, so the emp would
be useless ...  Why not use a flux compression generator, that way you arent
shipping nuclear material that could be stolen and used in a power plant
somewhere, we cant have that can we?

Belfast +44 28 9099 6461        US +1 712 432 7999
http://www.trxtel.com the VoIP provider that pays you!