Netroots Net Neutrality "Lobbying" (was: Re: [asterisk-biz]

Dovid Bender asterisk at dovid.net
Sat Dec 16 10:09:05 MST 2006

<snip>
The next Congress probably won't pass any but a really temporary
stopgap telecom bill, instead concentrating on "cleaning up" from the
last (Republican) Congress, and "setting up" for the next (they hope
Democratic) presidential election in late 2008. So there's 2 years to
convince our reps that freedom and commerce, not monopoly, depend on
equitable access to networks. After that, it'll be too late. For a
decade, maybe a lifetime, probably a career.
</snip>

If I can bribe my kid to get bed early with a candy whats gona stop congress from accepting BIG bribes ??? I used to work for a large telecom company. They had an exec on a  large salary that was a former member of congress. I was new to the world of business at the time and I had to ask why. The response: A friend of capitol hill ? Need I say more. I used to be a die hard republican and believe in the system. I gave up long ago..... (I dont want this to turn into a political fight). The one thing that I realized is that the most important thing to people on capitol hill is that they are there. Thier number two priority is money etc. So if they do see that a lot of people have to write then they will. Anyone know the info for the reps. from NJ ? I am willing to write in. If some one has time if you can please compile a list of all the reps. that are involved. Also if anyone wants to post the letters that they send in and we can post it online so others can get an idea of what to write in.

Dovid