[asterisk-biz] Asterisk-friendly dedicated server in UK?

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Thu Dec 14 06:50:37 MST 2006

On 12 Dec 2006, at 18:12, Tony Mountifield wrote:

> I'm looking to rent a Linux-based dedicated server in the UK, to run
> Asterisk on, using SIP and/or IAX to terminate and/or originate calls
> via such providers as Voiptalk or Voxbone.
>
> Can anyone who has done this kind of thing recommend a good provider
> for such a setup?

We are using UKFast for one of our projects. They are fine,
my only issue would be that by default they NAT the boxes and
have a smart (split horizon) DNS which mostly hides it.

We are using IAX so I don't care, but I think this would be a pain
for a SIP based project.

You could also look at Bogons - I haven't used them yet, but
plan to in the near future.

Tim.