[asterisk-biz] How is Fonality? What are other RELIABLE optionsfor a 100+ phone system

Brian Franklin bfranklin at ntginc.net
Tue Dec 12 20:26:44 MST 2006

I was moving in the direction of becoming a Fonality reseller when I
discovered that in order to manage 'your own' Fonality server, you had to
access the Fonality management website.  I maybe incorrect but it was my
impression that you cannot 'directly' configure your own Fonality server
remotely.  Their product looks good, but the 'no direct remote' access
feature turned me off a bit.
For a typical install I have been using AAH 2.8 w/FreePBX 2.1.3 (very
stable).  I have a pending install for a more 'executive' client, for which
I will be installing a Switchvox.

Based on my review of their respective websites:
- Fonality seems better suited for user implementations and/or for a
reseller that does not have VoIP and/or networking expertise
- Switchvox seems better suited for the reseller that has the necessary
expertise to implement a complete VoIP solution.

Brian