[asterisk-biz] Number Portability

Peter Beckman beckman at purplecow.com
Tue Dec 12 00:48:54 MST 2006

Does anyone know the rules, laws or regulations that cover number
portability?  Level3 is refusing to port wireless numbers, and I've tried 5
different times to port a wireless number and never succeeded.  Has anyone
else succeeded?

Do I need to use a different process, such as port to some other provider,
and then to a VoIP provider?  Please do not tell me "I can port the number"
if you have never ported a wireless number to VoIP, because I've tried 10
different providers, all with the same results.

Help?

Beckman