[asterisk-biz] full-featured IP-PBX

Paul ast2005 at 9ux.com
Sun Dec 10 19:27:35 MST 2006

alex at pilosoft.com wrote:

>On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Al Bochter wrote:
>

>>Trixbox, easyvoxbox and the others are Asterisk at the core.
>>
>>If Trixbox is bad then the fault maybe at the core :'(
>>

>Asterisk is a bag of tools. What you do with it is really up to the skill
>of the craftsman.
>
>-

Somebody also mentioned "at least a supermicro". I use supermicro and
some other brands. What they all have in common is that the motherboard
is based on a good chipset and it supports ECC memory. Even my older
athlon XP systems with AMD chipsets are more suitable for production
needs than some of the "servers" I see people building with the latest
cheap hardware.

That's another skill the craftsman needs. He has to understand the
demands being placed on the hardware and build accordingly.