[asterisk-biz] full-featured IP-PBX

Bart Fisher bhfisher at icpage.com
Sun Dec 10 19:10:48 MST 2006

My 2 cents...

Trixbox = Asterisk + FreePBX + (other junk add-ons)
Trixbox is good to learn Asterisk on, but once you do, you'll wish you
went with pure Asterisk or Asterisk & FreePBX instead
FreePBX makes you do things their way - Although it does allow custom
scripting. The scripts jump around to many config's.  Hard to follow
You won't REALLY learn Asterisk with Trixbox / FreePBX
Your at the mercy of Trixbox / FreePBX Authors - Upgrades have not been
smooth
A 'pure' Asterisk box appears and feels more responsive, at least to me

That said, I run Trixbox with 192 TDM ports and around 4000 calls a day
without issues.
At some convenient point in time, I will move to pure asterisk install

Bart