[asterisk-biz] ITU - Amazing Finds

Senad Jordanovic senad at bicom.us
Sun Dec 10 11:34:39 MST 2006

Hi Nick

We had a switch installation in Spain which used exclusively below solution.
Accordingly to the customer, UK guys came over, installed few base stations
(and I am talking the full works here including the towers on top
of the hills), collected thousands of euros and left.

Since then, the stability of the wireless network was, well to put it
mildly, not up to any acceptable commercial standard.
I have personally experienced: (lets get to tower, it needs rebooting) :)
and customers calling complaining about QoS (while barely able to hear them)

Customer also had since then deployed another wireless solution, and had not
a single issue. Works perfectly.

I am not trying to start flames here... just need facts.
Why would that be the case? Why would a mesh network not perform?
What factors does it get influenced by? Etc...

Regards,

Senad

  _____