[asterisk-biz] full-featured IP-PBX

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 09:56:51 MST 2006

Yikes!

Asking that sort of question around here might get you cyberlynched!

I might as well say the same thing everyone else will.  Why?  Asterisk does
everything the proprietary hardware ones do and then some and usually does
it better.

Depends on what you need it for as well.  For a small business, one of the
better and reasonably priced ones I have seen designed from the ground up
TRUE hardware IP-PBX is the Mitel SX-200.  I suspect it's not much more than
a more proprietary looking PC that you can mount on a wall and runs Linux.
Maybe even some Asterisk.