[asterisk-biz] Disclaimer question

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Aug 27 06:58:41 MST 2006

----- Alex Rixhardson <alexrixhardson at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Since I don't want to - neither can - disclaim copyrights of "all past
> and future contributions" nor disclaim "all copyright interest in the
> changes and enhancements made by me", I wonder is there a disclaimer
> available for individual works (patch, additional feature, etc...)
> that would not obligate me to disclaim any copyright interest in works
> that I will do in the future or did in the past (regarding Asteirsk,
> of course), but only of the specific one?

This is list is not an appropriate forum for this discussion, but anyway...

Why do you think that you have to disclaim copyright interest at all? The 'long form' disclaimer says no such thing, and this topic has been beaten to death on the mailing lists, where I have repeatedly asked people to stop spreading this FUD :-)

The 'long form' disclaimer applies only to code you _contribute_ to the project via the issue tracker, and has zero effect on your copyright interest in your work.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Senior Software Engineer