[asterisk-biz] Porting Resold DIDs

Voip Xpress voipxpress at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 09:09:12 MST 2006

Has anyone successfully ported DIDs via a reseller in Canada?

We have some canadian DIDs we buy from a US reseller, who in turn buys them
(maybe through a middle man) from Broadvox, who are the owners of the DID
that the telco recognises.

My reseller will give me  authorisation to port, but the telco has never
heard of them.  I am in a never ending paper chase.  The reseller makes out
that this is easy in the US.  All it takes is an email.  Is this a Canadian
problem, or have others had similar problems.

Has anyone found a way around this?

Vx