[asterisk-biz] Slightly off-topic: Opinions of Comcast and Bellsouth?

Claude Cunningham voiptalk at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 11:08:00 MST 2006

South Florida

Comcast

   No truck roll required for self installation, comcast will mail out the
router, cable, and filters for a DIY installation.

Bandwidth is very good

I used a Linksy router wrt54g

You shouldnt have a problem with NAT or firewall -

 Bellsouth

I have integrated fiber in the loop instead of regular copper line dsl
installation. Well for the most part they're good, however a few weeks back
the service was terrible. I've had the service for a few years now,

Regular copper line customer can get a no truck roll install ( they'll send
you the install kit in the mail for a DIY install dsl filters etc)

I rather Comcast for service over Bellsouth; but after a hurricane more than
likely Bellsouth could be up before Comcast.

BTW, I have both services