[asterisk-biz] Nufone

Jerry Jones jjones at danrj.com
Fri Aug 18 22:07:21 MST 2006

Yes some telcos will allow you to set the NUMBER

But the NAME displayed on the phone you are calling is done on a
lookup of the number at the terminating telco. It will be whatever
name is set for that number. You can set a name on your call, but the
pstn will drop it, it does not pass end to end, only the number does