ESCAUX net.PBX registration and boot sequence (was Re: [asterisk-biz] ESCAUX releases net.PBX Free Edition)

Jordi Nelissen_ jordi.nelissen at escaux.com
Sun Aug 13 15:38:28 MST 2006

Hi Tim,

we have been discussing in the SourceForge forum, but allow me to answer
your question in this list too. For some reason you did not receive the
confirmation mail sent from noreply at escaux.com (SPAM filter ?). Once you
confirm your subscription, you have access to the SMP webinterfaces,
located at http://smp.free.escaux.com. These interfaces allow you to
enter the MAC address of your server, upon which the Live CD boot
sequence will complete. Since the launch of the ESCAUX net.PBX Free
Edition, many users have been able complete this installation process
sucesfully.

In fact that's the nice thing about our solution, thanks to the MAC
address authentication, our centralised configuration system is able to
auto-configure your server during the Live CD boot sequence (similar to
an IP PBX configuring an IP Phone upon boot). This also means that when
your server is broken, you simply place the ESCAUX net.PBX Live in
another server and change the MAC address in the SMP webinterfaces. Upon
boot, your configuration is restored to your new hardware in just a
couple of minutes. It's like carrying your IP PBX in your back pocket
when travelling around.

Jordi