[asterisk-biz] Cisco IP Hardphones?

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Tue Aug 8 15:35:22 MST 2006

	I'm about to test an Asterisk install with only phones from Cisco. I'm
setting up a set of satellite offices over a global WAN, integrating
some Linux apps with phone buttons and display (including LDAP,
webserver, Java applets), connecting Asterisk to the PSTN through an
existing switch via SIP.. I want to buy about 6 models across the Cisco
price and function range for testing. Which ones are worth trying?
Should I get any in pairs (or more) to test any model-specific
functions, like old analog modems used to offer when connecting to
"sister" parts?

	Also, I'm thinking of getting the Cisco SRW2008P POE/switch and the
Cisco 827-4V FXS/router. And maybe even the CP-7936, and/or even the
CP-7920+1230B. Do they offer any value? Is there a better or
non-overkill Cisco part? Or is there a much cheaper but equivalent
(useful) functionality from a different vendor?
--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein