[asterisk-biz] Forward-only DID?

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Sat Aug 5 11:58:50 MST 2006

	AFAICT, virtualphoneline.com charges per minute, $0.04:min in my case.
Does someone offer one of these DIDs, maybe by the "failover" method
that VoIPstreet mentioned, that does not charge per minute, but just per
month(/week/day/year), or even per call? Otherwise my per-minute rate of
the call increases, even doubles or worse. I don't want my call voice
data routed through the DID vendor, just the initial call connection,
unless somehow I can get these DID calls *not* to also charge me through
the mobile telco on the same call.

On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 11:36 -0700, Rehan AllahWala wrote:
> You can use www.virtualphoneline.com for this
>

> > Matthew Rubenstein wrote:
> > > 	I have two (US) mobile phones, each with their own phone#. I want to
> > > discard one phone, but keep its phone#, pointed to the phone I keep. The
> > > keeper phone will ring when the pointer phone# is dialed. I want to pay
> > > the minimum for that "pointer phone#", and any minutes consumed on a
> > > call that arrived by it. Who will sell me this service?
> >
> > You can do this with a VoIP termination provider who offers fail-over to
> >   a phone number in the event your device can't be reached.
> >
> > We do not yet offer this but will soon.
> >

> > --
> > VoIP Origination & Termination Svcs.
> > With Superior Customer Service!
> > SIP, IAX, G711, GSM, G729
> > http://www.VoIPstreet.com
> >

> > --
> >

> Super Technologies Inc., Pensacola, Florida
> http://www.SuperTec.com - Technologies from tomorrow, Today!
>
> MSN: Rehan at Rehan.com
> Skype: Rehan33

(C) Matthew Rubenstein