[asterisk-biz] Hosting for Asterisk servers.

Linus Surguy linus at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
Tue Apr 25 08:43:00 MST 2006

>> You are confusing Band-X's products - that not quite the same as what you
>> are after I think. However, most major 'alternative' telco's can offer
>> co-location themselves - first off, ask your account manager for the
>> 32E1s.
>
> Sorry may not have explained that well.  We ordered 32 new E1's for our
> kit
> hosted about 20 feet away from me.  The engineer came, installed and this
> cost "X". Now at some point, I'll need more E1's but I just don't have the
> space in the comms room for anymore computers, the Air Con won't take it
> for
> one !. I was thinking of taking several of our servers, and just hosting
> it
> somewhere else.  Bandx is one option but 1000K a month for an E1, internet
> connectivity (limited bandwidth) and up to 2000 DDI's. Seems a bit pricy
> for
> me.  Hence the post.
>
> Since my post I have more prices which is good :-).

Sounds a great idea - although I think you explained it perfectly! Who is
your supplier? What you may not realise is that people like Colt,
Worldcom/Verizon etc. themselves offer colocation in datacentres and usually
you pay a much much lower charge for receiving E1 links when taking up such
a feature.

You'd be welcome to co-locate with us in Telehouse Docklands, take internet
service from us, and maybe deal direct with your existing operator for the
E1s (for your own interest, give them a call and check pricing from them to
Telehouse) if you'd like? (drop us an email at sales at magrathea-telecom.co.uk
if you'd like to explore that)

Linus