[asterisk-biz] Re: Create an Virtual PABX in minutes -> * in public webspace

Thorben Jensen thorben at thorben.dk
Mon Apr 3 00:15:22 MST 2006

Hi Jim,

We have some problems our selves with nat but have found two devices that
dosn't give us any problem - a standard linux firewall/nat router and
Linksys WRT54Gx (not the wrt54g - only verison).

Regarding our asterisk setup - we dont do nat at server level - the server
is connected directly to the internet.

Our own sip devices are all behind a Linksys or a Linux router.

The problem with nat and sip is that not all nat devices are very happy with
sip - and will break all sip connectivity.

IAX is very firewall frindly and therefore it will work in almost every
setup.

Thorben

news:f06033109151517D7 at local...