[Asterisk-biz] Phone for Attendant Console (Recepcionist / Operator) - Polycom and other alternatives

asterisk at sipspain.com asterisk at sipspain.com
Wed Sep 28 09:23:46 MST 2005

Hi,

Looking for an Phone for Attendant Console (Recepcionist / Operator)   I
only was able to found this product from a previos treat:

http://www.polycom.com/common/pw_cmp_updateDocKeywords/0,1687,4885,00.pdf

It seems a very good option, but unfortunatelly, each extension module has
only 14 keys.. Too few... I would have to add a lot to have the same
capacity that I would have with a SNOM.......So any other suggestions will
be welcome.

However, I am desesperate to find a fast alternative, and if not find any
one soon, I will try to adquire this model the fastest way. Before doing
that  my questions are:

a).- Has anyone tested this model with Asterisk ?  I am afraid to buy and
expensive model that will have to be shipped the fastest way from USA and
not having any guarantee.

b).- Seems that this model is very, very new...I observe some post that
told this model is not still shipped, but  I find it on
www.voipsupply.com, and they seems to have it on stock (is on the shopping
web center).  am I missing anything here ?

c).- Any other altenartive ? My wholeshale on Spain suggested me to use
the avaya model 5620, and then, I checked his web page and observe it was
NOT compatible with SIP (it only worked on their own PBX).  So, people
here seems does not to known real alternatives. Even worse, it seems there
is to few of them.