[Asterisk-biz] Looking for a configuration software

William Boehlke william.boehlke at signate.com
Tue Sep 27 18:32:44 MST 2005

http://www.signate.com/sigman.php

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-biz-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Reid Forrest
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 6:20 PM
To: Commercial and Business-Oriented Asterisk Discussion
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-biz] Looking for a configuration software

> >Very simple:   vi extensions.conf
>
> >What more do you need?

Isn't it this type of configuration interface that has businesses flocking
to newer systems like Interactive Intelligence, 3com, and the like? I can't
count the number of times I've been in front of a customer with a Nortel
Option xx who couldn't wait to toss it. Why? Because normal business people
couldn't configure it. They wanted something they could easily make changes
to without calling in the vendor. I hear this nearly every day. For complex
routing and programming, they expect to call someone in. But not for MACs.
Not any more. Asterisk needs this capability to compete.