[Asterisk-biz] Open source PBX provider[Digium] teams up with Intel

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:50:15 MST 2005

 I think it will be very interesting to see how this channel driver evolves
over time. In it's current incarnation from what I've read on it, without it
being able to take advantage of what are traditionally very DSP resource
heavy cards, it seems like a very costly solution compared to Digium cards
"on board" without delivering too much more in features/functionality. If
Asterisk is able to tap the DSP resources of the Dialogic boards at some
point down the road to do things like g729a codec work natively, this could
indeed prove to be a very interesting combination.
 BJ