[Asterisk-biz] Fax Services

Paul digium-list at 9ux.com
Wed Sep 21 14:23:55 MST 2005

Awarding and enforcing unmerited patents impacts the solution provider
and the consumer. It took me about 2 hours back in 2000 to get hylafax
setup with a zoom external modem and delivering the faxes as pdf email
attachments. How long does it take to research the patent issue and
decide if it's safe to implement my solution? If j2 never wins in court,
it is still difficult to prove it was frivilous lawsuit and collect
damages. Even so, those damages are for the plaintiffs they harrassed.
What is needed is a class action suit against a company like this. Their
bullying has a negative impact on many others besides the ones they
choose to "make an example of". It impacts free enterprise and consumer
choice. How much are consumers spending on fax machines and telco hunt
groups because many little Acme Widget companies are delaying product
launches?